Introducing CrossFit 858
CrossFit 858 will provide fun, top notch, community based fitness training and will help you meet YOUR individual goals. (Not your “Globo gym” or “Big Box” trainer’s goals) Whether it’s to lose weight or put on muscle, when overall fitness comes first all else will follow.
All workouts can be performed “as prescribed” or scaled to your individual capacity. Whether you are an elite athlete or a couch potato trying to get back in shape, all levels of fitness are not only accepted but encouraged. You do not have to “be in shape first” to try CrossFit.
CrossFit 858 has nearly 4,000 square feet of functional space providing functional fitness to the San Diego community. Conveniently located in the middle of Miramar Rd (just East of the Pyramid), CrossFit 858 will be serving residents in UTC, Mira Mesa, and Miramar along with commuters to UTC from Rancho Bernardo, Mission Valley and surrounding areas.
Come in today and see what you’ve been missing out on….
Our community is waiting for you.
Latest News & Announcements
New Class Offering
Introducing: Black Ops Bootcamp at CrossFit 858
For the past few months, we’ve been running a pilot program off the grid. We have been incorporating a workout regimen that is more reminiscent of traditional bootcamp programs with a focus on keeping the heart rate up for an extended period of time, while still incorporating elements of our CrossFit classes.
We are pleased to unveil to you our “Black Ops Bootcamp”.
These classes start on Tuesday July 7th, 2015 and will take the place of our Tuesday and Thursday 5am classes. They are open to all members of CrossFit 858.
How do these classes differ from our regular WOD based classes?
- There is less emphasis on strength cycles and lifting for heavy weight
- There is a higher emphasis on body weight movements
- We incorporate many other forms of calisthenics ranging from mountain climbers to use of battle ropes
- The main workouts are longer in duration than traditional WODs
How are these classes similar to our regular WOD based classes?
- There is a high emphasis on safety and form. Mechanics and consistency of mechanics are mandatory before adding intensity or speed.
- These classes are still instructor lead, from warm up to workout to cool down.
- Be ready to sweat and work hard
These classes are included as part of your membership at CrossFit 858.
Also, Bootcamp classes are intended to be a supplement to your training at CrossFit 858 and not a replacement. You are still encouraged to regularly attend the main classes that we offer.
If you have any questions, please email me at [email protected]
Workout of the Day
July 1 2015
- Coaches surveys are live in the Private Group! Please fill one out for each coach! Thank you!
- NEW CLASS: Black Ops Bootcamp! CLICK HERE
- Programming Note: From the many 1 on 1 meetings I’ve had with you all, one of the biggest requests I received was “Help me get my first pull up”. In terms of changes in programming, you’ve probably noticed we’ve moved a little bit away from our beloved kipping pullups and towards more strict movements to develop power. To take this a step further, I’m introducing “Focused SWODs”. Take tomorrow for example. We are embarking on a Bench Press progression (Yeah bro.) but for those of you who do not yet have a STRICT pullup, you are to continue on the Focused SWOD path-and stay with it. You are not to flip flop between the two paths. If you do have strict pullups, go the Bench Press route. We will be doing more of this alternate path programming to help you reach your goals. The work won’t be easy, but I think you’ll be happy with the end results.
SWOD: Bench week 2
Bench Press 2×8, 3×6 (Go heavier than last week)
A1) Single Arm KB Rows 4×8 (each side)
A2) Strict Pullups w/band 4×8
Burpee Pull Ups
Back Squats (135/95)
Back Rack Lunges (135/95)