WOD (Workout of the Day)http://www.crossfit858.com/category/wod/http://www.crossfit858.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/RCS_20130817_164117_AB5D_7375-ZF-2086-29707-1-001-006-150x150.jpg
Great job at the Rumble In Paradise!!http://www.crossfit858.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/rumbleinparadise-150x150.jpg
NEW CrossFit 858 Apparel is in the store!!!http://www.crossfit858.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/photo-5-150x150.jpg
Latest News and Announcementshttp://www.crossfit858.com/category/news-and-announcements/http://www.crossfit858.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/qfs_breaking_news-150x150.png
What is CrossFit?http://www.crossfit858.com/what-is-crossfit/http://www.crossfit858.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/332475_255529114498096_207467589304249_820111_813093923_o-150x150.jpg
Meet our Coaching Staffhttp://www.crossfit858.com/team/http://www.crossfit858.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/338392_266560666728274_207467589304249_858948_1442174401_o-150x150.jpg
Check out our class timeshttp://www.crossfit858.com/class-schedule/http://www.crossfit858.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/class-schedule-150x150.jpg
Location and Fees Infohttp://www.crossfit858.com/location-and-fees/http://www.crossfit858.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/IMG_2004-150x150.jpg
Introducing CrossFit 858
CrossFit 858 will provide fun, top notch, community based fitness training and will help you meet YOUR individual goals. (Not your “Globo gym” or “Big Box” trainer’s goals) Whether it’s to lose weight or put on muscle, when overall fitness comes first all else will follow.
All workouts can be performed “as prescribed” or scaled to your individual capacity. Whether you are an elite athlete or a couch potato trying to get back in shape, all levels of fitness are not only accepted but encouraged. You do not have to “be in shape first” to try CrossFit.
CrossFit 858 has nearly 4,000 square feet of functional space providing functional fitness to the San Diego community. Conveniently located in the middle of Miramar Rd (just East of the Pyramid), CrossFit 858 will be serving residents in UTC, Mira Mesa, and Miramar along with commuters to UTC from Rancho Bernardo, Mission Valley and surrounding areas.
Come in today and see what you’ve been missing out on….
Our community is waiting for you.
Latest News & Announcements
CrossFit 858 Intern Program
CrossFit 858 is pleased to offer Athletes an opportunity to participate in a rewarding in-house Internship Program. Intended for Athlete’s interested in developing themselves as CrossFit Trainers, Coaches and Leaders, this internship program provides you with the support, mentorship and guidance you need to be at your best.
Following graduation from the Internship Program, Trainers are able to teach at CrossFit 858 or return to their respective Affiliates with solid hands on CrossFit teaching experience.
Goals of the CrossFit 858 Intern Program:
- To create a core group of instructors that is both knowledgeable and proficient in the instruction of CrossFit movements, bringing more value to the overall member population of CrossFit 858
- To provide our members with the opportunity to further their growth as an athlete and leader by offering the potential opportunity to be a coach at CrossFit 858
Stages and expectations of the CrossFit 858 Intern Program
- Shadowing: Interns are expected to shadow several of the existing CrossFit 858 coaches during class where they will be taught to see and coach basic CrossFit movements. Heavy emphasis will be placed on the ability to see and correct static and dynamic movements. They are encouraged to take notes and apply their learnings to later stages of this program. Interns may be asked to lead the group warm up or cool down during this phase. Occasionally, for bigger classes, they may be asked to assist in coaching during WODs by roaming the class and helping various athletes. In addition to coaching skills, interns are expected to observe and take notes about presentation, group facilitation, how to scale for specific athletes, and class time management. (3-4 weeks, 3-6 classes per week)
- Leading: After successful completion of the shadowing portion, Interns will be expected to lead several classes from start to finish. They will apply all that they have observed during the Shadow phase. They will be under the watchful eye of a CrossFit 858 coach where they will be evaluated for all the skills needed to run a successful class. The classes and athletes themselves will always be the main priority so the Coach on watch may jump in and lead or take over the class if/when needed. Interns and Coaches will debrief after each class in a very detailed and structured feedback session which covers what went well, what needs to change, and steps to make changes. (3-6 weeks, 3-6 classes per week)
- Admin training: This will be ongoing during both stages of the Intern Program. Interns may be asked to help with/learn about administrative tasks which include merchandise and inventory management, facility and equipment upkeep, membership processing etc.
Requirements to become a CrossFit 858 Intern:
- A love for CrossFit and a passion for helping people
- Successful completion and holder of a CrossFit L1 Trainer Certificate
- Prior CrossFit coaching or athletic training experience is a plus
- 1-2 years of CrossFit experience as an athlete is preferred but not necessary
- A positive attitude with an ability to receive in incorporate feedback
With that said, I’d like to welcome our first two interns into the CrossFit 858 Intern Program: