We are looking for a coach(es) that want to join our team!
Below you will find the standard requirements we look for in terms of qualifications and certifications. However, before that, we make a few honest and forthcoming statements about what we REALLY look for in a coach.
REAL Job Requirements and expectations:
- Having a desire to truly make an impact on people’s lives- inside and outside the gym
- Understanding that going above and beyond is the norm. Simply showing up isn’t enough. Conducting your responsibilities with passion and purpose is expected.
- Having the ability to work in a team. The staff is one cohesive unit that is responsible for the safety and development of our community of athletes
- Understanding that you are a part of a culture and community, and you share the responsibility of cultivating it.
- As an athlete, your own programming is ok, but you will still take classes and sweat side by side with those you coach.
- You will participate in gym events outside of normal scheduled coaching.
- Having a an insatiable hunger to develop your craft as a coach, which includes technical knowledge and the ability to connect to athletes.
- The ability accept/implement feedback, and learn outside of your comfort zone.
Standard Job Requirements and expectations
- CrossFit Level 1 Certificate holder or above
- Experience coaching CrossFit classes at a recognized affiliate (preferred, not required)
- Regular attendance at monthly staff meetings, participation in online staff discussions on continued education
Those are the starting points of what we look for. If you are familiar with CrossFit New England and Ben Bergeron’s philosophies, you will understand our staff culture.
If you think you fit the bill or this interests you, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Information on compensation, hours, part time/full time structure will be discussed during the first conversation.
Thanks and hope to hear from you!