ROMWOD: Designed to boost performance, optimize range of motion and accelerate recovery.
At CrossFit 858 we are always seeking out ways to help you improve, which has led to the decision to start to incorporate ROMWOD into our weekly schedule. This stretching routine, which takes as little as 20 minutes a day to as much as 45 mins a day, is based on ancient Kung Fu techniques that strengthen and open joints resulting in optimal range of motion. ROMWOD is designed to supplement your workouts daily, which you’ll feel after day one!
You may be wondering, we always cool down after our workouts, so why should I do ROMWOD too? Good question! Adding these 20 minutes daily can bring about benefits including:
- Increased range of motion
- Prevention of injuries
- Strengthening of joints and tissues
- Increased focus
- Improved performance and positioning in all movements
Some quick facts about ROMWOD:
- ROMWOD is not just a “yoga” class. It does not train you to be more flexible. It trains your joints to open and it strengthens your joints at the same time.
- ROMWOD is not a warm up, it will not warm your muscles. You can do ROMWOD before training, but will still want to perform a dynamic warm up
- ROMWOD trains your mind to focus, to remain calm and to keep your body running efficiently while enduring stress
This will start out as a PILOT program at our Uptown Location, beginning on Sundays at 9am.
Come try it out… consistency and trust in the process will pay off! If you are interested in adding this to your fitness routine more than once a week, use this link for a free 14 day trial: http://team.romwod.com/r/crossfit858